The Gatherings will be closed to the public until further notice out of concern for our community’s health and respect for the governor’s recommendations. We hope everyone stays well and fins other ways to stay connected with each other from a safe distance.
New & Upcoming Special Events
Cribbage Party: Saturday March 14th 10am-1pm. Cancelled.
Come early at 9.30am for a tutorial given by Linda Greenlaw. Contact Tom Welgoss 667-0325
Yoga with Ellen: Tuesdays 5-6pm.
Gain strength and flexibility and come away feeling calm and relaxed. All are welcome. $12 /class or pay what works for you. Yoga mats and props will be provided, though bring your own if you have.
Yoga: Flow with Angela: Mondays 4-5pm.
Come join Angela for a moderately paced vinyasa flow + yin yoga class! The class is beginner and intermediate friendly and all levels are encouraged to join. Charge is $10 per person.
Card Game “83”: 2nd Sundays 6.30pm-8.00pm. Cancelled for March due to Corona Virus.
As part of Maine’s bicentennial celebrations, we are reviving this old-time Maine card game. Learn & play with those who played it as long as 70 years ago!
Food with Friends: Cancelled for April. Every First Friday at Five o’clock, join friends, new and old, for a community potluck at The Gatherings. There’s no admission, but we hope most will bring food or drink and put something in the donation box.
Ongoing events, most of which are on hold due to Corona Virus. (more details)
- Art Studio takes place on Mondays at 9:30am
- A Course in Miracles is every Monday from 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- NEW: Yoga: Flow with Angela is on Monday evenings at 4.00pm. $10/class
- NEW: Yoga with Ellen is on Tuesday evenings at 5.00pm. $12/class suggested
- Spanish Conversations are every Wednesday at 6:30pm
- Life Drawing is Thursdays from 10:00am – Noon. All skill levels welcome to participate. $10/session
- You Can Uke! 2nd & 4th Thursdays at 6pm. Easy-going ukulele group – beginners welcome!
- NEW: Food with Friends: every first friday at 5pm! Community potluck. Bring a dish to share.
- Dungeons & Dragons meets for adventures two Fridays each month, usually the 2nd & 4th Friday from 4:30pm – 7:00ish. See calendar for detailed schedule.
- Cub Scouts meet at The Gatherings Sunday afternoons, during the school year
- Board Games Night is Sundays 6:30pm – 8:00pm. All ages, any game – bring your favorites!
- NEW: Card Game “83” is every 2nd Sunday 6:30pm – 8:00pm. Learn & play this old-time Maine card game. Cancelled in March.
- Youth Open Mic and Potluck in conjunction with Truth Virus Records is the last Sunday of each month at 6:00pm
The Gatherings is a place to bring community together!
More donations are needed for operating expenses, as well as to get a solar electricity system to bring down or eliminate our monthly utility expenses and provide a place for people to recharge during power outages. To help keep the lights and heat on, please click below or send a check to P.O. Box 62 Surry, ME 04684.