Interested in co-working at The Gatherings? Please take this 3-minute survey.
Upcoming Special Events (more details)
Film – “My Life as a Turkey”: Tuesday 26th 7pm. Wildlife docu-drama. Based on his true story, My Life as a Turkey chronicles Joe Hutto’s remarkable and moving experience of raising a group of wild turkey hatchlings to adulthood. 60 mins. No charge to attend, but donations are always gratefully accepted.
Live Music – “The Leftovers”: Sat December 7th at 7pm. A fun evening of entertainment from local string band The Leftovers. $10 suggested donation. BYOB.
Fourth Annual Local Lore Locavore: March or April (date TBD): dinner and storytelling
Ongoing events (more details)
- Art Studio takes place on Mondays at 9:30am
- A Course in Miracles is every Monday from 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- NEW: Yoga Storytime is on Tuesday mornings at 10am. A story is read together followed by related asanas to help remember them
- Spanish Conversations are every Wednesday at 6:30pm
- Life Drawing is Thursdays from 10:00am – Noon. All skill levels welcome to participate. $10
- NEW: You Can Uke! 2nd & 4th Thursdays at 6pm. Easy-going ukulele group – beginners welcome!
- Dungeons & Dragons meets for adventures two Fridays each month, usually the 1st & 3rd Friday from 4:30pm – 6:30pm or 7:00pm
- Cub Scouts meet at The Gatherings Sunday afternoons, during the school year
- Board Games Night is Sundays 6:30pm – 8:00pm. All ages, any game – bring your favorites!
- Youth Open Mic and Potluck in conjunction with Truth Virus Records is the last Sunday of each month at 6:00pm
- Tibetan White Swan is on hold. We hope it will be back soon
The Gatherings is a place to bring community together!
More donations are needed for operating expenses, as well as to get a solar electricity system to bring down or eliminate our monthly utility expenses and provide a place for people to recharge during power outages. To help keep the lights and heat on, please click below or send a check to P.O. Box 62 Surry, ME 04684.