Upcoming Special Events (more details)
Ukulele Beginners Course: Jan 23rd, Feb 6th & 20th, Mar 12th & 26th.
With a growing interest in learning the ukulele, we are offering a total beginners course in 5 parts. If you’ve always wanted to learn, here’s your chance! If you don’t have a ukulele yet and want to try one out before committing, there may be some available for the evening, please call ahead.
No fee – this course is offered by donation to The Gatherings.
For more details contact Alice at 3eight5-7six94
Food with Friends: Every First Friday at Five o’clock, join friends, new and old, for a community potluck at The Gatherings. There’s no admission, but we hope most will bring food or drink and put something in the donation box.
Fourth Annual Local Lore Locavore: March or April (date TBD): dinner and storytelling
Ongoing events (more details)
- Art Studio takes place on Mondays at 9:30am
- A Course in Miracles is every Monday from 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- NEW: Yoga Storytime is on Tuesday mornings at 10am. A story is read together followed by related asanas to help remember them
- Spanish Conversations are every Wednesday at 6:30pm
- Life Drawing is Thursdays from 10:00am – Noon. All skill levels welcome to participate. $10
- NEW: You Can Uke! 2nd & 4th Thursdays at 6pm. Easy-going ukulele group – beginners welcome!
- Dungeons & Dragons meets for adventures two Fridays each month, usually the 2nd & 4th Friday from 4:30pm – 7:00ish. See calendar for detailed schedule.
- Cub Scouts meet at The Gatherings Sunday afternoons, during the school year
- Board Games Night is Sundays 6:30pm – 8:00pm. All ages, any game – bring your favorites!
- Youth Open Mic and Potluck in conjunction with Truth Virus Records is the last Sunday of each month at 6:00pm
- Tibetan White Swan is on hold. We hope it will be back soon
The Gatherings is a place to bring community together!
More donations are needed for operating expenses, as well as to get a solar electricity system to bring down or eliminate our monthly utility expenses and provide a place for people to recharge during power outages. To help keep the lights and heat on, please click below or send a check to P.O. Box 62 Surry, ME 04684.