The Gatherings is open to the public again for those who wish to use it at their own risk. We encourage everyone to follow recommended social distancing, mask use and disinfecting practices to prevent spread of coronavirus. As an all-volunteer organization, however, we cannot enforce this and expect everyone to take responsibility for their own well being and that of those around them. We hope everyone stays well and finds ways to stay connected with each other in a safe manner.
In addition to groups using the space, students and remote workers can take advantage of the wifi and space away from home distractions. Gatherings of family and friends can take advantage of the large open spaces for getting together at a safe distance.
Click on the Building Use tab to learn how you or your group can use The Gatherings.
New & Upcoming Special Events
Yoga: Flow with Angela: Mondays 3-4pm.
Come join Angela for a moderately paced vinyasa flow + yin yoga class! The class is beginner and intermediate friendly and all levels are encouraged to join. Charge is $10 per person.
Card Game “83”: Cancelled for 2020 due to Corona Virus.
As part of Maine’s bicentennial, we are reviving this old-time Maine card game. Learn & play with those who played it as long as 70 years ago! We hope this can be part of delayed bicentennial events in 2021.
Food with Friends: We hope to kick this off as soon as it’s safe. Every First Friday at Five o’clock, join friends, new and old, for a community potluck at The Gatherings. There’s no admission, but we hope most will bring food or drink and put something in the donation box.
Ongoing events, most of which are on hold due to Corona Virus. (more details)
- Art Studio takes place on Mondays at 9:30am
- A Course in Miracles is every Monday from 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- NEW: Yoga: Flow with Angela is on Monday evenings at 3:00pm. $10/class
- Spanish Conversations are every Wednesday at 6:30pm
- Life Drawing is Thursdays from 10:00am – Noon. All skill levels welcome to participate. $10/session
- You Can Uke! 2nd & 4th Thursdays at 6pm. Easy-going ukulele group – beginners welcome!
- NEW: Food with Friends: every first friday at 5pm! Community potluck. Bring a dish to share.
- Dungeons & Dragons meets for adventures two Fridays each month, usually the 2nd & 4th Friday from 4:30pm – 7:00ish. See calendar for detailed schedule.
- Cub Scouts meet at The Gatherings Sunday afternoons, during the school year
- Board Games Night is Sundays 6:30pm – 8:00pm. All ages, any game – bring your favorites!
- NEW: Card Game “83” is every 2nd Sunday 6:30pm – 8:00pm. Learn & play this old-time Maine card game. Cancelled in 2020
- Youth Open Mic and Potluck in conjunction with Truth Virus Records is the last Sunday of each month at 6:00pm
- Yoga with Ellen: Tuesdays 5-6pm. Gain strength and flexibility and come away feeling calm and relaxed. All are welcome. $12 /class or pay what works for you. Yoga mats and props will be provided, though bring your own if you have.
The Gatherings is a place to bring community together!
More donations are needed for operating expenses, as well as to get a solar electricity system to bring down or eliminate our monthly utility expenses and provide a place for people to recharge during power outages. To help keep the lights and heat on, please click below or send a check to P.O. Box 62 Surry, ME 04684.