Interested in co-working at The Gatherings? Please take this 3-minute survey.
Upcoming Special Events
- May 19th, 11:30 — 2:30 Work Party to spruce up The Gatherings inside and outside.
- May 23rd, 6:30: Getting It Right with Climate Change part 3 (It’s okay if you missed the first two.)
- June 2nd, 1:00 — 3:00 Community Appreciation Open House: Help celebrate the third anniversary of The Gatherings community center opening its doors to the public and the hundreds of events it has hosted since then. There will be live music, a barbecue (some grillables, side dishes and soft drinks provided, but feel free to bring more to share), lawn games, crafts and plenty of opportunity to get to know your neighbors and all that The Gatherings has to offer.
- August 20th, 5:00 — 7:00 See, Savor, Socialize: An art Show/Sale to benefit The Gatherings
Ongoing events (more details in calendar):
- Cub scouts meet at The Gatherings Sunday afternoons
- Games night is Sundays 6:30 – 8:00pm. Anyone can drop in for a board or card game, yours or ours.
- Art Studio on Mondays at 9:30AM
- Spanish conversations are every Wednesday at 6:30
- Dungeons & Dragons meets for adventures on the first and third Fridays of each month from 4:30 — 7:00.
- Martina Dittmar will be teaching two yoga classes starting in March. On Tuesdays her class is “Gentle Yoga” and Saturday it is “Community Yoga.” Both are from 9:00-10:30.
- Tibetan White Swan: is on hold. We hope it will be back soon.
Let us know what activities you’d like to see at The Gatherings and how you’d like to get involved.
The Gatherings is a place to bring community together!
More donations are needed for operating expenses, as well as to get a solar electricity system to bring down or eliminate our monthly utility expenses and provide a place for people to recharge during power outages. To help keep the lights and heat on, please click below or send a check to P.O. Box 62 Surry, ME 04684.