Interested in co-working at The Gatherings? Please take this 3-minute survey.
Upcoming Special Events
- March 14th, 6:30: Getting It Right with Climate Change part 1
- March 23rd: Third Annual Local Lore Locavore Dinner
- April 11th, 6:30: Getting It Right with Climate Change part 2
- May 23rd, 6:30: Getting It Right with Climate Change part 3
- March 30th, 7:00pm: Live Music with The Leftovers
- March 31st, 5:30 — 8:30pm: Youth Open Mic and Potluck
Ongoing events (more details in calendar):
- Cub scouts meet at The Gatherings Sunday afternoons
- Games night is Sundays 6:30 – 8:00pm. Anyone can drop in for a board or card game, yours or ours.
- Art Studio on Mondays at 9:30AM
- Spanish conversations are every Wednesday at 6:30
- Dungeons & Dragons meets for adventures on the first and third Fridays of each month from 4:30 — 7:00.
- Martina Dittmar will be teaching two yoga classes starting in March. On Tuesdays her class is “Gentle Yoga” and Saturday it is “Community Yoga.” Both are from 9:00-10:30.
- Tibetan White Swan: is a series of 27 flowing movements in the standing position, half yoga, half tai chi. It is gentle exercise that focuses on balance. This is a pantomime of the Tibetan belief system of the human experience. Daily short practice at home is expected of every student. Please wear loose clothes and flexible shoes or socks. Instruction is by Pony Shea, an experienced practitioner and teacher of this method. Join us every Thursday afternoon from 3:30-4:30. Beginners are welcome.
Let us know what activities you’d like to see at The Gatherings and how you’d like to get involved.
The Gatherings is a place to bring community together!
More donations are needed for operating expenses, as well as to get a solar electricity system to bring down or eliminate our monthly utility expenses and provide a place for people to recharge during power outages. To help keep the lights and heat on, please click below or send a check to P.O. Box 62 Surry, ME 04684.