The Gatherings community center has a multitude of different rooms and abundant facilities to help make your gathering a success. These include:
- 5 different indoor spaces: a main events hall, lounge, kitchen and seating areas, children’s play room and “yoga” room
- Two restrooms
- Fully equipped kitchen with filtered drinking water, 5-plate conduction stove, oven, large microwave, automatic dishwasher, fridge-freezer, and plenty of cookware, plates and cutlery
- Many large and small tables, chairs, plus a privacy screen for dividing space
- Huge Smart TV
- Fast Wi-Fi internet connection
- Nearly 2 acres of lawn and meadow for outdoor gatherings
- Parking space for 9 cars, plus more along the street
- Energy efficient heat pumps, providing heat in the winter and A/C in summer
Main Events Hall – This large space (20’x30′) is the first you walk in to upon entering the building. Big windows let in plenty of light, the space is left open for you to configure to your needs, with many tables and chairs to choose from. This room also includes a large high definition Smart TV that is connected to our speedy internet. You can easily connect devices such as a phone or laptop via Bluetooth or HDMI cable.
Red Room – Between the Main Events Hall and Kitchen is the Red Room. It’s a smaller cosy space that is more intimate than the Hall.
Kitchen – The kitchen has an abundance of cooking apparatus and food prep space. Double sink, large microwave, built-in oven, fridge-freezer plus smaller gadgets such as toaster, kettle, hot pots etc. We have lots of pots and pans, cutlery, cups, bowls and plates, so you just need to bring the food!
Cafe / Meeting Room – Adjoining the Kitchen is a medium sized seating area that works well as a cafe or meeting zone. It’s a bit quieter here at the back of the building and looks south over the back yard. Large glass doors open up to a deck with a propane grill, great for a backyard BBQ!
Games Room – Upstairs you’ll find the Games Room. This area caters well to the younger members of our community, with space for activities such as doing crafts, playing games, reading books, or enjoying the toys and Foosball table. Having this safe place near the main rooms makes it possible for more parents to participate in community activities without the worry of childcare.
Yoga Room – Upstairs and directly above the Main Events Hall is the Yoga Room, a beautiful space which is home to the feature window you see from the outside of the building. This room is typically left as an open area and is well suited to exercise/yoga classes, co working office space and more!
Outside – The large mowed lawns surrounding the building are perfect for outdoor games and celebrations. Further down the field is a walking trail. We also have a community garden from which seasonal vegetables can be picked and enjoyed by anyone who so wishes.