The Gatherings is pleased to offer the people of Surry and surrounding areas the opportunity to use our beautiful community center. The center has been designed to offer flexible and affordable space to gather for events, business meetings, and community classes. The Gatherings also offers groups, individuals and businesses the ability to use or rent space for their specific needs. The calendar is filled on a first come first serve basis and fills up quickly. View a list of the available facilities we have to offer.
We encourage everyone to follow recommended social distancing, mask use and disinfecting practices to prevent spread of coronavirus. As an all-volunteer organization, however, we cannot enforce this and expect everyone to take responsibility for their own well being and that of those around them. We hope everyone stays well and finds ways to stay connected with each other in a safe manner.
Fees may vary slightly depending on the exact nature of your event. Reoccurring weekly or monthly events will be given a discount of rental fees.
- Individuals-Private event or party
- Half day rental (less than 6 hours)- $75.00
- Full day rental (more than 6 hours)- $150.00
- Non-profit (501c3) organizations: A Non-profit (501c3) organization (or group working towards) will be asked to pay based on the nature of their event.
- Community event (free to public): If a person or group is hosting a community event and not charging admission, they will be asked to make a donation of $2 per person for The Gatherings.
- Community event (charging a fee): For a public event where admission is charged, the organizer will be asked to donate 15% of proceeds to The Gatherings.
Use of the lawn area can also be considered with an additional fee expected for private events. 100% of fees collected will be put towards expenses such as utilities, heat and upkeep of the building and property.
Phone: Rita Roberts at 703-967-6987